Friday, November 6, 2009

My Photo Shoot for the Ann Taylor "The New Ann" Campaign

Ann Taylor, a brand I knew since I was a teen. My Mom and Aunts were patrons of this businessy women's clothing brand. Did you know that the brand Ann Taylor was derived because "Ann" represented a very New England name, and "Taylor" evoked the image of tailored clothing. When I graduated from college, I got myself three suits for interviewing. One of them was from Ann Taylor that I paid $300 for it. I must say it was worth every cent because it was well-tailored and survived many of my business travels. To me, Ann Taylor was where I shopped when I needed a good suit or a nice pair of slacks.

Not until recently during New York Fashion Week, I was approached by an Ann Taylor personnel to do a photo shoot makeover for their new image campaign "The New Ann". The location for the shoot was Union Square where hundreds of passer-bys watched as I posed for the camera.

Picking out outfits for Me

I was quick taken aback when I saw the pieces that Ann Taylor Style Director Kristin Rawson was picking out for me to model. Many of the pieces didn't look like they were from the Ann Taylor that I once knew. Quite honestly, I think some pieces can pass off as Elie Tahari (which I did mention during my interview at the photo shoot).

Ann Taylor Style Director Kristin & Me

After a pleasant surprise from Ann Taylor, I decided to check out their Fall/Winter 2009 Collection, and my oh my, what did I find? Fabulous luxe pieces for under $50! These are just two of my favorites, but they should give you a good idea of The New Ann.