Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recessionista's Halloween

I haven't been blogging for a while due to my busy work schedule, but I decided that a blog post before Halloween is blog worthy. Prior years, my Halloween costumes were Dragon Geisha, Lara Croft Tomb Raider, Alex Munday (played by Lucy Liu) from Charlie's Angels, and the list goes on. All these costumes sit in my wooden chest in storage now.
This is the first year that I decided not spend a dime on my Halloween costume. Prior years since I can't even remember when, I have been going out every single year to shop for a Halloween costume. 2009, I decided to be a good Recessionista and take what I have in my closet, use my creativity and Voila! I have my Halloween costume! I am going to be an Old Hollywood Starlet. My decision was mainly influenced by the Alfred Hitchcock movies and black and white movies I watched recently.

To keep you in suspense, I will post photos of my Halloween costume sometime this weekend. :D Stay tuned!