Saturday, September 19, 2009

NYFW: Style360's Pink Dress Collection Runway Show (Clarisonic, Susan G Komen For the Cure of Breast Cancer)

My favorite Sexy Mama - Brooke Burke

The Style360 Pink Dress Collection Runway Show may not be the most celebrity-studded NYFW event, but it was the one that I had the most one-on-one contact with celebrities and models. Just look above here. Know who this is? She is none other than the gorgeous Celebrity Mom of 4 kids Brooke Burke! The Pink Dress Show was also a meaningful event that benefits the Susan G. Komen For the Cure. Celebrities, press (like myself), socialites and breast cancer survivors all congregated for this pink runway extravaganza! Sponsor Clarisonic also had a limited edition Pink brush for sale where 50% of the proceeds went to Susan Komen For the Cure.
I took my seat 2nd row and the show began with my favorite Whitney Houston song "I'm every woman". The models cat-walked their way onto the runway with gorgeous outfits donated by some of my favorite designers like Nanette Lepore, Juicy Couture, Tadashi, Luca Luca, Nicole Miller, and Betsey Johnson. Amongst the Ford models were some familiar faces like celebrity blogger Perez Hilton and of course Brooke Burke. I was as excited to see the gorgeous dresses as I was to see Brooke Burke on the runway. There were a total of 29 outfits, and these were my top 3 favorites.

After the show, I had a chance to hang out in the VIP area with the celebrities and models, and enjoyed the free mojitos at the open mini bar. I also hung out with Michelle Burford who writes for AOL Health and "O" The Oprah Magazine. Michelle told Patty who is from the Ford Models Management that I am a Recessionista, and Patty said to me "Oh, my jacket is vintage Chanel!" We all giggled. Patty, I love your red Chanel tweed jacket!

Ford Models posing for Elle Magazine Photographers

Me, Carmen Dell'Orifice (70 Yr Old Ford model), Michelle

Patty VP of Ford Models, Michelle, Me

Besides all the fabulous people I met inside the Metropolitan Pavilion, I also met soap opera star Chrishell Stause who plays Amanda Dillon in ABC's All My Children. I loved her dress! It was so cute! I was chatting so excitedly with her that I forgot to ask her where she got her dress from. Chrishell, if you are reading this, please tell me where you got that gorgeous dress from, please?

Pardon Pink Smiley Face on ME due to my closed eyes (bummer!)

Finally, I want to thank this sweet-looking lady Kate - the unsung hero of PR / Events who invited me to this event.

Me & Kate with Dr. Robb
(inventor of Clarisonic facial brush)
peeking from the back