Monday, May 18, 2009

Shopping Haul + Review: Tracy Feith For Target

The long awaited arrival for Tracy Feith's collection is finally here! After I blogged about this collection in a previous entry, I was counting down the days to its launch. I had a wish list with me when I headed to my Target store. I knew in my previous experiences that it is always a hit or miss with Target's Go International. My original plan was to get 3 out of these 6 items:

1. Hawaiian Floral Canvas Print Jacket $44.99
2. Oxford Cobalt Strappy Dress $44.99
3. Ebony Embroidered Dress $39.99
4. Hawaiian Floral Canvas Dress $39.99
5. Ebony Canvas Dress $39.99
6. Leather Biker Jacket $139.99

Arrival at Target Store:
First disappointment of the day! The Tracy Feith leather biker jacket that I have been dreaming about was completely gone! It was also sold out online, so I thought maybe I can get it at the store, I was wrong! Bummer! So I decided to go for my next jacket choice - the Hawaiian Floral Canvas Print Jacket. So, that was item number one to try on in the fitting room. Then I picked up the cobalt blue strappy dress, ebony embroidered dress, hawaiian floral canvas dress and the ebony canvas dress all in one swoop!

Fitting Room Time:
1. Hawaiian Floral Canvas Print Jacket $44.99

OMG! It screamed Tory Burch but 5 times less the price! It was so cute, I didn't want to take it off! I tried on the XSmall and Small. The XSmall was tigher in the arms but the overall fit was better than the Small, so I got the XSmall. Number 1 item in my Tracy Feith stash! See my rating and review on this item below here.


2. Oxford Cobalt Strappy Dress $44.99
Next, it was the cobalt blue strappy dress, the color was gorgeous, but I had to adjust the zipper several times before it was centered between my bosom. This dress could have landed up in my stash, but it failed miserably with the zipper and the ruching at the bosom part. The fabric and cut of this dress actually made me look heavier than I really am. For some reason, in the photo below, the model looks so much skinnier than me in this dress. Oh well! Maybe it's because of the leather jacket she has on - the one that I didn't get to buy! On a serious note, I think the dress the model is wearing might be in a totally different fabric and different cut than the one I tried on at the store. Hers seems more like silk and mine is cotton, and hers was more A-line while mine seemed more straight. See my rating and review on this item below here.


3. Ebony Embroidered Dress $39.99

This dress reminds me so much of Anna Sui and it was only $39.99! There was only a Small, no XSmall, so I decided to give it a try. This dress runs big, I had to tuck part of it behind me when I took this photo so it wouldn't look like a maternity dress. The embroidery and lace detailing were well sewn. See my rating and review on this item below here.


4. Hawaiian Floral Canvas Dress $39.99

I was really disappointed with this one. I loved this print so much and I already got the jacket, so I wanted to get the dress as well. Not that I plan to wear them both at the same time though (don't ever think about wearing them together unless you want to look like floral wallpaper...I smell fashion disaster!). The dress was like a huge canvas shopping bag on me. I don't even dare post the picture of me wearing it because it was just horrid! Some people reviewed it and said they love it, but personally, I think the fabric was too stiff and my figure was lost in this dress. The fabric looks so much softer and silkier on the model in this photo than the actual item.


5. Ebony Canvas Dress $39.99
Need I say more about this one? It was the same exact dress as the one above but with a different print. This was also a disappointment because I love its mod design and it reminds me so much of Twiggy. IMHO, this is definitely a miss for the Tracy Feith for Target collection. This dress on Target's website totally looked so much better than the actual dress in person.


So what did I eventually get from the Tracy Feith for Target Collection?
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
The only item I got in the end was the Hawaiian Floral Canvas Print Jacket at $44.99! The other item I am now considering getting on Target.com is the Ebony Embroidered Dress. They didn't have an XSmall, or else I would have got that too. The only problem is I have to spend above $50 to qualify for free shipping, and this dress is $39.99. This means I might need another $10 on something else which I don't need, which honestly I am not really enthusiastic about. Decisions, decisions!

---------
5/18 Update: I'm going to stop by a few more Target stores today. I'm on a mission to find that leather biker jacket in my size Small. If anyone found it, tell me! Meanwhile, I'm going to grab a few Tracy Feith bikinis. They are good priced and cute as well. What more can a Recessionista ask for! :)