Thursday, April 30, 2009

Target Go International Flights of Fashion: Tracy Feith

I have been marking my calendar for the past 3 years every time Target announces the next hot designer's collection for its GO International Flights of Fashion. My personal Go International collection started with Paul & Joe collection (sob...I missed the Luella Bartley collection), then Behnaz Sarafpour, Proenza Schouler, Libertine, then Alice Temperley and into their most recent collection. In every collection, I would pick between 1 to 3 items based upon design, quality and cut. I missed some collections along the way, but for the most part, I own pieces from 9 out of their 14 collections launched so far.

I can't wait for the new Tracy Feith line launching May 17th. His line features beach separates, which will include swimsuits, dresses, shorts, and even a motorcycle leather jacket! This collection ranges from $14.99 to $44.99; with the leather jacket being the highest priced item at $139.99. I have to wait and see for myself if it is worth my moolah (which means money, a slang term I learned a while back). Oh, I am such a sucker for leather jackets, hopefully this one won't let me down! I am also eyeing some of the summer dresses. Feast your eyes on these photos while you and I count down to the day we can lay our hands on these affordable pieces.

Retailers like H&M and Topshop has been introducing their limited edition collections in Europe for years now, and I love their collections as well. The only downside is their pricing is a little on the high side compared to Target. I think Target has done a very good job in providing fast-paced, low-priced designer fashion to the mid-market American consumer. After having some success with their Go International Flights of Fashion line, Target also launched their new GO International™ label that has everything a girl looking to go glam on a budget needs. Now Target is launching Designer Collaborations, an ongoing program that will bring a series of established designers (Alexander McQueen being the 1st to kick this off) to the masses at low prices. When fashion is this affordable, nothing can hold a Recessionista back!