Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shopping Haul: Mac Hello Kitty Collection + Mac Hello Kitty Launch Party in NYC


When I was 33" tall, my favorite Sanrio character was Hello Kitty. Now at 5 ft 7", Hello Kitty is still my all time favorite Sanrio character. When Mac announced that they were going to launch the Hello Kitty collection, I was ecstatic. I used to own everything Hello Kitty growing up; from stationery to clothes to toys and even my undies were all Hello Kitty (some of them still are).


Although this shopping haul is super overdue, I still wanted to blog about it to pay tribute to my most favorite cartoon character. The Mac Hello Kitty Collection launched back in February and we are here into the middle of April already! Time flies! Anyways, this is my Mac Hello Kitty Mini Shopping Haul. On a Recessionista budget, I only got what I really really needed. On the first day of the launch, I got the Lucky Tom Eyeshadow Palette ($38) and She Loves Candy Lipglass ($14). On the next day, I went back again to get the Too Dolly Eyeshadow Palette ($38) because my friend bought that and it looked so gorgeous on her. I also got the Beauty Powder in Tahitian Sand. More damage was going to be done but unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet), some of the other stuff that I wanted to get like the Hello Kitty Brush Collection ($49.50) and the Hello Kitty Mirrored Key Clip ($16) were sold out.


BTW I did not attend the Mac Hello Kitty Launch Party on Feb 5th at Cedar Lake NYC ,but one of my friends did. So she kindly allowed me to use some of the photos she took from the event. It was a star studded event. Ciara was there (she must look prettier in person!), and everyone was busy snapping away with their cameras when they saw her. There were also Hello-Kitty-headed male models (sounds weird, but that was what they looked like) catwalking around serving up bowtie shaped chocolate cookies with sexiness and cuteness all in one package (Meow!).

Ciara looking pretty with her Hello Kitty Doll

The room was filled with mannequins and models wearing ensembles that were inspired by Hello Kitty colors of black, grey, white, and pink. Some of my favorite designers like Blugirl, Catherine Malandrino and Zac Posen had their designs displayed.


Amongst all the ensembles that were displayed that night; which were later auctioned off on ebay for charity, I found these ones to be the most appealing and cute. Check them out below! Hope you enjoyed this blog entry as much as I did writing it!