Friday, September 25, 2009

Review: Anna Sui for Target Inspired by Gossip Girl

Top Row (L-R): 1 2 3 4 5 Bottom Row (L-R): 6 7 8 9
Here is the long awaited review of the Anna Sui for Target collection inspired by who else but our 4 favorite (or not so favorite) girls of Gossip Girl. I was the guinea pig last Saturday, trying on every single piece of this collection that was available at the stuffy Target store. There were definitely several hits and misses in this collection which I am about to give my 2-cents worth here. Let's start with the 9 outfits shown above. Amongst these outfits, my favorites before heading to the store were 1,2,3,6,7,8.

Top row: The white dress (1) was no where in sight, so disappointment number one as that was my most favorite. Grey dress (2) looked like a piece of gray carpet with shiny spikes on it, so another disappointment, 1 out of 5 stars. Black dot sheer dress (3) was better than what I expected, it is actually cute with leggings, definitely at least a 3/5 stars and worth the $44.99. For sizing, do get at least one size up if you have bigger hips or thicker arms or you will rip the chiffon fabric when you sit. Outfits 4 and 5, don't bother because they are not flattering and the fabric isn't good quality. They both get 2/5 stars from me.

Bottom Row: The sheer black/white/red dress gets 3/5 stars because it has a cute print, but not really worth the $49.99 price tag in my opinion. The sizing runs big though, so do get a size smaller than your normal size. Outfit 7 is a winner, 4.5/5 stars! I loved the leather jacket (which I didn't get to try on because there wasn't any in my size) and the black dress is so Blair and looks well made. See my photo below wearing that black dress. Do get one or two sizes up if you have a smaller waist and bigger hips because this dress is made to fit someone who has a straight figure. I give a thumbs-up for outfit 7! Outfit 8 and 9 are 3.5/5 stars because even though they are cute to look at, they didn't do me justice at all.
Pardon my tummy I just ate a full meal :P
My other favorite from this collection that is worth consideration is this wrap dress below. I didn't get it because I had a budget of $100 and I could only choose 1 dress.

Black Silk Wrap Dress $59.99

So after an hour in the fitting room, I walked out of Target that day purchasing these 2 Anna Sui designed items for under $100.
Black Seersucker Dress with Lace $59.99

Fringe Bib Tee $24.99
As for the rest of the collection that were not mentioned here, I didn't quite care for them either because of the design, the fabric, the cut, or all three. You may like something that I don't, so I hope that this review has helped you in making your purchases from the Anna Sui for Target collection.