Friday, August 14, 2009

My Henri Bendel Mini Shopping Haul

My trip to Henri Bendel this week was filled with excitement and at the same time with lots of resistance to temptation. I was there on 2 consecutive days with 2 friends (one an acquaintance, now a friend :) ) And so, here's my mini (very mini) shopping haul using my 20% discount coupon.

Henri Bendel Rivet Stackable Ring

This photo doesn't do this HB ring (1st photo above) much justice. It is very elegant and chic in person. The top ring has a rivet on top and rhinestones encrusted around the circumference of the ring, and the bottom ring is a simple elegant ring with a tiny rhinestone on it. I wanted to get the matching earrings as well, (2nd photo above) but didn't due to my recessionista budget. I have to say I love my HB ring!

YSL Gommage Facial Scrub
This is my personal favorite exfoliator of the moment. It is non-abrasive so it is perfect for most skin types. The one thing I absolutely love about it is the smell. My skin feels really soft and silky after I use it. A male make up artist recommended this to me a while back and I have been using it since.

Mac Mineralize Foundation Loose Powder

I am still happy with my Armani loose powder, but I needed a cheaper option to use on a daily basis, so I decided to try out the Mac Mineral Powder. So far, I love it, no complaints. A little goes a long way too, which is good for my recessionista budget. I got the color Medium which looked really natural on.

Mac Eyeshadow in Smoke and Diamonds
I'm not certain if this is one of Mac's new colors but I didn't see it the last time. I saw this peeking through as I was browsing. And coincidentally the Mac sales promoter reconfirmed my purchase decision by saying that this is currently one of her favorites.

Nars Blush in Deep Throat
I have always been a fan of Nars blush. Orgasm is my all-time favorite (used 5 of those to date) and the Nars sales promoter convinced me that I will love Deep Throat as well. And I did!