Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Deals & Steals #1: $4.48 Charlotte Russe Strappy Heels

If you are a bargain hunter like myself, you will find yourself scouring the retail market for deals and steals. My motto has always been "There's always a better way to shop"; and that holds true till this very day. My personal possessions include items that are marked down so low, they may as well be free!

I've not shopped at Charlotte Russe since I graduated from college. For those of you who have not heard of Charlotte Russe, they are like Forever 21, only smaller. I was there last weekend to check out their shoes because my friend Makenna just got a pair from there for only $26.99. We saw a similar pair selling at Aldo for $80. I wouldn't have thought about going to Charlotte Russe for shoes but for the 20 to 30-something price range, I didn't mind getting them as long as they don't hurt my feet. Charlotte Russe had a Buy One Get the 2nd pair for $10. Unfortunately they didn't have my size in the other designs I fancied except this pair of black strappy heels for $26.99. As I was pulling out my credit card to swipe it on the machine, the cashier said "Oh, it's on sale for $5.99 plus 30% off because it is the last pair, so your total comes to $4.48." I was shocked for like 2 seconds, then I pulled out 5 bucks and got my 52 cents change back. This is seriously the best deal in shoes I have got ever! I mean I can't compare them to Christian Louboutins or Jimmy Choos, but they are as comfy and well-made as some of my other Aldo, Nine West and Steve Madden shoes. Here's some other designs from Charlotte Russe on their website that are nice and Recessionista Friendly!

Charlotte Russe Woven Cuff Stilettos $32.99

Charlotte Russe Two Tone Platforms $29.99
- Reminds me of the Christian Louboutin Etrier Sandals

Woven Strappy Stilettos $39.99