Saturday, June 6, 2009

Carlos Falchi to Design for Target

Woohoo! That was my first response when I heard the news that Carlos Falchi will be the 8th handbag designer to create a limited edition line for Target. Target never fails to disappoint me in my shopping wishes. I have dreamed of getting a Carlos Falchi handbags for a long long time, and now I can finally get my very own Carlos Falchi handbag at my favorite store - Target at a recessionista-friendly price.

Carlos Falchi Pearlized Python $2675, Crocodile Fringe, Floral Python $2025

Carlos Falchi is well-known for his signature faux and genuine snake skin handbag designs. His SS06 collection was the most luxurious as well as the most expensive to date; utilizing exotic skins like deer, alligator, crocodile, python, and goat hand-dyed in colors ranging from pastels to jewel tones to neutrals. First Ladies and Celebrities alike love Carlos Falchi's designs. In his early career, Jackie O Kennedy, Nancy Regan, Madonna and Cher were some of his biggest fans. His celebrity fan base now includes Sienna Miller, Jessica Simpson and Eva Longoria.

The Carlos Falchi for Target collection promises the same decadence of luxury but at a fraction of its cost. His 13 faux snakeskin handbags consist of gorgeous juicy jewel tones in reds, purples, greens, along with a couple of collage and patchwork styles. Mark your calendars! This collection will be in Target stores and online from October 11th to December 27th. Target has not released photos of the collection yet, but I will post them on my blog as soon as they do. Stay tuned!