Friday, May 8, 2009

Shop My Closet 5/8/09 - Designer Purses


I Am Recessionista is now on a mission to find a new home for stuff I don't wear anymore or have never worn before. Every Friday, new items will be posted under the Shop My Closet Tag.
  • All items are in excellent or good condition; either gently worn or never worn, some with price tags on them.
  • All prices are stated in US Dollars. They are bargain prices because my aim is to give these pieces a better home and not to make a profit.
  • Description and sizing will be provided as accurate as possible. But do feel free to leave me comments if you still have any questions about sizing, measurements, etc. or email me at iamrecessionista at gmail.com.
  • Since these are all one-piece items from my personal closet, I will update my blog with the word [SOLD] in front of the item title once the item is not available.
  • Payment is through Paypal and shipping will be USPS.
  • Shipping cost: Bags $5, Shoes $5, Clothing $2 to $5, Accessories $1 to $4.
I was a Bagaholic (not anymore), so I decided to start off my first Shop My Closet entry with a few of my designer purses up for grabs. Just so you know, I have never bought a fake bag in my life. I am a believer of quality and so I will never buy a fake especially bags. I assure you that every designer purse that you see here are either from the brand name boutique itself or a reputable retailer like Macys, no where else. Each purse you see here has been treated with love and care and stored comfortably in their respective dust bags on a long shelf in my walk-in closet. I am selling them at very reasonable prices because I want to see them in a good home and not make a profit or get back what I originally paid for.

US$380 Gucci Signature Monogram Shoulder Bag


  • Bought this at around US$895 from Gucci boutique in New York City several years back. Used it for several months and then it just sat on my closet shelf. This design is very rare. If you are a Gucci lover, you will want this in your collection.
  • Condition: 8/10 (Good condition with some signs of wear only at the bottom in the back)
  • Gucci signature GG monogram on gray and black jacquard fabric, black leather trim and gold hardware.
  • Single strap, Gucci signature lock closure with Gucci insignia on lock.
  • Inside zipper pocket.
  • Dust bag.
  • W 11.5" x H 7.5" x D 2.5"
  • Made in Italy


US$240 Gucci Green/Red Stripe Shoulder Bag


  • My parents bought this as my birthday present at around US$400+ from Gucci boutique in New York City several years back.
  • Condition: 8/10 (Good condition with some signs of wear only at the leather trim at zipper area)
  • Gucci gray jacquard fabric with Gucci Green-Red-Green stripe, black leather trim and silver hardware.
  • Single leather strap
  • Interior lined with Gucci signature fabric, inside zipper pocket.
  • Dust bag.
  • W 10.5" x H 7.5" x D 2.5"
  • Made in Italy

US$280 Coach Signature Poppy Large Hobo


  • Bought this at around US$400 from Macys department store in Chicago a couple years ago.
  • Condition: 10/10 (Excellent condition, used only twice. Bought it because it was rare and unique)
  • Coach Signature jacquard fabric, white leather trim with suede and smooth leather poppy flower appliqué.
  • Interior brown fabric lining, inside zip pocket, cellphone pocket, and ring to clip a keyfob or accessory.
  • Hidden magnetic snap-tab closure with Coach engraved brass hardware.
  • Coach cards, hangtag and dustbag.
  • W 10.75" x H 11"x D 2"; 18.5" braided strap with an 8.5" drop.