Saturday, May 9, 2009

I Am Recessionista Loves Burnout Tees!

I am loving the burnout tee trend now, and so is everyone else. Celebrities are loving it, even my super athletic friend Sasha who is totally not into fashion is recently buying loads of these burnout tees for gym. You might already own a piece of this trend, but do you know why these semi-sheer tees are so comfy? Well, it's because of its 50/50 cotton/poly blend composition that is put through an extensive weathering process that includes burning the fabric.

LC and Hilary Duff rocking the burnout tee trend with Fluxus Burnout Tees $68 & $63

Eva Longoria and Jessica Alba getting comfy in Brokedown Burnout Tees $83 & $62

Like every fashion trend, there is the high-end and the affordable for the burnout tees trend. I once saw a burnout tee on Eluxury.com for over 300 bucks! The ones spotted on our favorite celebs are more affordable, but still between the $60 to $100 price range. As a Recessionista, I found several designs that I liked that are under $50!

Alternative Apparel Burnout Tank $32, Heather Burnout Crew $35, Burnout Tunic $38

Forever 21 Imagine Burnout Tee $12.80

Forever 21 Crew Neck Burnout Tee org. $9.80, on sale $7.84

Free People We The Free Mesh & Distress Love Crew org. $98, on sale $49.95

Demi Bella Mommy Burnout Short Sleeve V-neck Mommy of 1 (2,3,4,5) $42

I will be posting my shopping haul on burnout tees in an upcoming entry, and most of them are under $20! Stayed tuned!