Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Recessionista Review: Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

The name Jean Paul Gaultier a.k.a JPG has been in my fashion dictionary for a very very long time. I have not personally owned anything from JPG till now. All thanks to Target again! Before I went to Target today, I did my research and there were many pieces that I loved and have a high chance of adding to my wardrobe. Then again, with every Designer for Target Collection, there is a hit or miss syndrome.

My verdict:
1. Pass on all the dresses in this collection unless you have lots of cash to spare. They were all either plasticy, papery, or yucky polyestery material....I don't even know a word that can describe it, but you get the idea. The floral eyelet one here that I loved a lot was also disappointing. If you don't believe me, go see them for yourself.
2. If you have $199 to spend, definitely get the leather jacket. It is comparable to the contemporary labels you see at Saks or Neiman Marcus.
3. Don't just trust the photos you see on Target.com, try it on! That was how I found that this nautical inspired top was a gem! The detailing on it is unique, and the stripes are so JPG! For $19.99, it was a steal! Great with leggings too I must say!
My 2 winning pieces out of the 8 pieces I tried on from this collection. I will not post the photos of the remaining 6 pieces because they were too horrid to be seen by the general public.
Not to be worn together but I did it to save time

So what did I get from the Jean Paul Gaultier for Target collection?
:
:
:
:
:
Jean Paul Gaultier for Target Anchor Braid Knit Top - Navy/Cream $19.99
I will seriously consider getting the leather moto jacket...if they still have any left....which then means that it was meant to be mine, but it was hard for me to swallow that $199 price today.