Monday, June 22, 2009

Recessionista Designer-Inspired Hauls #4: SS09 Jewel Encrusted Necklaces

The next two paragraph in parenthesis that you are about to read will be repeated on every blog entry I create for the Recessionista Inspired Hauls.

"What irks me is when a mass-producing factory decides to manufacture a replica design of
a designer dud in its entirety and then stick on the designer label on it. I call this category Fakes, Replicas, Imitations...whatever you choose to call them. On the contrary, if a mass-producing factory manufactures am inspired version of a designer label with its own brand, then that would be totally genius! I call this category Designer Inspired.

With my Fashionista eye and Recessionista budget, I managed to score several deals on designer-inspired items. You can too! All you need to do is to educate yourself through websites like style.com or vogue.com and then spot the lesser-priced versions on the go! The designer duds are on the right, while the lesser-priced designer inspired versions that I purchased are on the left. See if you can tell the difference."

I have always had an obsession for accessories especially faux jewelry. With jewel encrusted bib necklaces showing up on the runway as well as the streets, I had to get a piece of these jewel baubles. I got mine from Forever 21 for $12.80, approximately 200 times cheaper than the Lanvin version at an astounding $2875! I just checked and the Lanvin necklace is on sale at Barneys at $1439, so my purchase was still at least 100 times cheaper. The only visible difference is the ribbon tie. I have long curls so it will be hard to see the ribbon even if I splurged.